The continuously changing product direction of Tilt and Tilt Cloud is based on conversations with existing and potential users, and our current thinking of multi-service development. We are always considering new ideas and plans; this is an interesting subset.
tilt cito test in CI
- Team owner promotes current Tilt version for team
- Tilt configs
- Improved integration with Kind
Tilt Cloud is the integrated companion experience to Tilt, empowering software developers to better collaborate in teams, and help developer experience (DX) owners manage consistent and elevated DX experiences across a software organization. Interesting features:
We will soon be able to show Tilt to the greater development community, and we want to signal that with a 1.0 release. In particular, Tilt 1.0 should:
- Work for your platform
- Work for your development language
- Work for your app size (from one to many services)
Other interesting features
- We aim to support Tilt for all popular development platforms. Tilt is currently available for macOS and Linux. Windows support is in alpha, but we plan to support it fully. See Windows Support issue.
- Categorize non-workload Kubernetes objects
- View logs of init containers as they are brought up
- Port forward improvements
- Tilt lifecycle hooks
- Fixing confusion about what
- As described in Contribute an Extension, contributors cannot actually verify that an extension actually works before submitting a PR. This should be improved, where development of extensions allows you test that it actually works before submitting a PR.